[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Detailed light pollution map of Northeastern U.S.

Lew,

I was having a nose around the site ,trying to find similar light-pollution
pictures of the UK.
I eventually found some links,but unfortunately they were all dead apart
from one low res link.
You wouldn't happen to know of any high res links for the UK/Europe (which
work:) by any chance ?

Whilst exploring the external links from that site I came across an
interesting info sheet on the International Dark-Sky Associations web page
which shows how various constellations
appear under different LMs ranging from +7.0 to +2.0 in 1.0 magnitude steps
,which I thought might be helpful for novices such as myself purely as a
rough guide to what can be expected from viewing the stars under varying
conditions.
Have a look at http://proxima.astro.virginiadot edu/~ida/info120.html

Regards
                   Leo