[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #282

>It seems darker on a truly transparent night from the northern latitudes.
>These are just my opinions and impressions.

Part of the reason may lie with the "depth" of the atmosphere in polar
versus equatorial regions.
For example, The Tropopause (the layer between the low-level Troposphere and
the Stratosphere) is about 5 miles above the surface on average over the
poles, while over the equator it averages 12 miles up). Thus it would seem
that there is simply more air over tropical regions to have to view through.
terry

Follow-Ups: References: