[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observation Report 1/31/00...

Lew >>>Your report was done perfectly, with the sole exception that tab characters

     Actually, with my browser, (Netscape 4.7) everything could not have been more
perfectly aligned in Scott's report!
So once again, it depends on who's doing the browsing as to how well formatted the
reports appear to be!
Kim Youmans

Lew Gramer wrote:

> Scott, thanks for sending in your report - and it's great to hear that you're
> getting out to observe and record meteors again, in spite of the Iowa Winter!
> Your report was done perfectly, with the sole exception that tab characters
> seemed to creep into your Magnitude Distribution and Limiting Magnitude tables
> in place of spaces, misaligning the columns. That's really minor.
>
> BTW, don't be discouraged by your very low rate from this sesion - 2 per hour!
> Observing at 9pm as you were, during a very quiet time of the year for meteors
> (February is often called "Meteor Winter" by us Top Hemispherers), this is not
> unexpectedly low! Keep up the observing and reporting practice in the evenings,
> and also remember that if your family will allow you to observe after midnight,
> your hourly Sporadic (and shower) rates should go WAY up.
>
> Clear skies, Scott!
> Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: