[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: CAN vs ACN

My apologies must go out to Mike Linnot and anyone else over the
confusion over these acronyms. The IMO designation for the Alpha
Carinids is ACN. In my last shower list appearing in the December issue
of Meteor Trails it appeared as CAN due to a typing error.

Sorry Folks!

Bob Lunsford

Lew Gramer wrote:

> Congratulations on the Gegenschein sighting, Mike! Next time you're up on
> Haleakala, I'd be interested to hear if you catch the Zodiacal Band as well.
>
> BTW, I was curious what shower acronym "CAN" stood for? (This goes back to
> a question I asked Bob in another post today, about who assigns these acro-
> nyms for some of the more obscure minor showers.) I know there is a "Delta
> Velid" shower listed on the DMS site, which is the "DVE" I guess. Does CAN
> refer to the "alpha Carinids" - maybe they're also known as the Canopids??
>
> Thanks, Mike!
> Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: