From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com>
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Observation Report 1/31/00...
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:55:14 -0500

Scott, thanks for sending in your report - and it's great to hear that
you're
getting out to observe and record meteors again, in spite of the Iowa
Winter!
Your report was done perfectly, with the sole exception that tab characters
seemed to creep into your Magnitude Distribution and Limiting Magnitude
tables
in place of spaces, misaligning the columns. That's really minor.

BTW, don't be discouraged by your very low rate from this sesion - 2 per
hour!
Observing at 9pm as you were, during a very quiet time of the year for
meteors
(February is often called "Meteor Winter" by us Top Hemispherers), this is
not
unexpectedly low! Keep up the observing and reporting practice in the
evenings,
and also remember that if your family will allow you to observe after
midnight,
your hourly Sporadic (and shower) rates should go WAY up.

Clear skies, Scott!
Lew Gramer