[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Death Valley Fireball

Robert Verish asked regarding global fireball reports:
>I've lost the URL for where you go to look up past [fireball] reports
>1997-1999. How are you retrieving these reports?

Robert, I'm not aware myself of any online source for reports from 1997
to 1999. FIDAC does have a regular print publication "FIDAC News", which
can be obtained by subscription from:
        http://www.imodot net/member.html

BTW, for newer 'meteorobs' readers, IMO's Fireball Data Center ("FIDAC")
provides an email list for rapid notification on fireball reports. Posts
to this email list from 1992 through 1997 are archived on the Web at:
        http://www.imodot net/fireball/fidac06.html

FIDAC is also the entity which maintains the global fireball report form:
        http://www.imodot net/fireball/report.html

As of this month, this 'fidac-news' list has been moved to 'eGroups.com':
        http://www.egroups.com/group/fidac-news/info.html
where a searchable archive of all future posts should be accessible.

However for the period 1997-1999, I can find no Web archive of fidac-news
NOR any available back-issues of the printed "FIDAC News" publication!

Andre, is this 1997-1999 data public somewhere out there?

Lew Gramer