[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observation Report 1/31/00...

I concur that many results om meteorobs are formatted to be ambiguous
or unreadable.  Readers will tend to skip over these.  So if want
others to read them, please restrict yourself to plain text separated
by spaces, i.e. *no tabs*.  The alignment is retained and we can all
read it.  We don't need a special tool.

Many years ago Keith Hindley told me that he appreciated that I'd left
empty magnitude bins instead of entering 0 in the BAAMS summary
sheets.  My reasoning---it's easier to see the magnitude range at a
glance.  So I disagree with Mark.  If you want to mark each magnitude
bin, please use a hyphen, not 0.  I accept that it does demand
discipline to achieve alignment, but surely that's not asking too
much.  The space bar doesn't bite.

Malcolm

Follow-Ups: References: