From: "Malcolm J Currie" <mjc@jach.hawaiidot edu>
To: "Meteor Observing List" <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Observation Report 1/31/00...

Many years ago Keith Hindley told me that he appreciated that I'd left
empty magnitude bins instead of entering 0 in the BAAMS summary
sheets.  My reasoning---it's easier to see the magnitude range at a
glance.  So I disagree with Mark.  If you want to mark each magnitude
bin, please use a hyphen, not 0.  I accept that it does demand
discipline to achieve alignment, but surely that's not asking too
much.  The space bar doesn't bite.

Malcolm