[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Earlier request for German to English translation

Hi...
Early I asked for a German to English translation and some
information for a translation site was received from another
source.
So I have translated the story on the german webpage for
everyone. Sorry for any errors, as this is a straight translation from
the translator program.

Kim
Earlier site mentioned:

<http://www.tickerdot de/archiv2000/02/02/newsmix/story2.html>
Translated to English....

Meteorite impact on moon photographs a spectacular photo of an
alleged meteorite impact on the moon by scientists was
sceptically judged. A citizen of Berlin amateur astronomer wants
to have taken the picture, which the " daily mirror " published,
directly before the lunar eclipse on 21 January.
The disputed photo from the meteorite impact " to exclude is like
that which not ", means observatory conductor Professor Dieter
gentleman man, " only one and besides still indistinct photo is
however too little for a proof ". The photo of hobby astronomer
Thomas Hamann shows an oblong bright strip at the edge of the
lit lunar surface.
If the assumption Hamanns should prove as correct and there
actually a meteorite of several one hundred meters diameter hit
be, according to expert opinion " a sensation " would however be.
Jost Jahn, press speaker of the country wide union of the asterisk
friends, referred to possible sources of error with the emergence
of the picture. "

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC/NYAA/SARA/ALPO/AAVSO/IDA