[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Obs Feb 5/6 + !"#$)/ alarm clock

Hi all! The spell of clear weather is continuing and
I got another 6.5 hrs teff yesterday. I started at
18:40 local and observed until 22:30. The activity
was quite slow at times, I only saw 5 meteors
between 21:10 and 22:00... LM was quite constant
at +6.3.
I then took a nap, which was supposed to last until
2:00. Well, Mr. Murphy's sense for humor kicked in
and the alarm clock didn't wake me up...
I got up at 3:15 and ran outside into my backyard for
another 2.5hrs teff. In all I saw 67 meteors in 6.5hrs,
with the brightest being a bunch of 0 magnitude
sporadics. I looked for possible Xi Bootids and got
3 possible members. A bigger surprise was the alignment
of 6, perhaps even 7 medium speed meteors at
RA 15h 45m and Dec +28 degrees. Anyone else seeing
this?

Looks like it'll stay clear for this night so I will probably
do some more observing in the evening.

Clear skies!

Jure A.