[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: Meteors from Boo

------- Forwarded Message

From: Juergen Rendtel <jrendtel@aipdot de>
Subject: Meteors from Boo
To: dedalus@latrade.com
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:24:12 MET
Cc: jrendtel@aipdot de (Juergen Rendtel)

Hi all,

A few days ago, Robert Lunsford asked to include a suspected
radiant into the list for the automated video meteor cameras.
I was able to run my camera in the nights February 3/4, 5/6
and 6/7. The sky conditions were quite poor in the last night,
and I was clouded out after midnight in the first session.
Nevertheless, I calculated a display using Rainer Arlt's
"Radiant" software, indicating a distinct radiant near
RA 229 deg, De + 14 deg. assuming a geocentric velocity of
50 km/s. The plot is based on 18 meteors only!

(image and text at: http://aipsoe.aipdot de/~rend/feb-boo.html )

Another 1-hour camera run between 0430 and 0530 on Feb. 9
yielded no further candidates for this radiant.

Perhaps other observers can add to this, and it would be
worth checking visual plots gathered in recent years. Please
send respective notes to both Bob and me. Thanks.

Clear skies,

Juergen Rendtel
Arbeitskreis Meteore, Germany
IMO President

- --
Juergen Rendtel                          Astrophysical Institute Potsdam
jrendtel@aipdot de                                      Telegrafenberg A 27
Phone: (+49) 331 - 288 2327 (office)              14473 Potsdam, Germany
Fax:   (+49) 331 - 288 2310
http://aipsoe.aipdot de/~rend/rnl-p.html

				       International Meteor Organization
Phone: (+49) 33208 - 50753  (priv.)   Seestr.6, 14476 Marquardt, Germany