[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: no meteorite impact on the moon :-(

Lew,

> Sirko, which particular impact "observations" does this message refer to? Is
> this a particular event in the past few weeks, or do these analyses cast some
> doubt on the lunar flashes recorded during the 1999 LEOs and (possibly) GEMs?

sorry if my last message was too confusing. I'm refering a photograph
taken in Berlin on January 18 which was suspected to show a meteorite
impact on the moon. Most astro amateurs 'voted' for an optical
artefact, but the case was getting interesting again after more
photographs of a different observer from the same night showed a similar
feature. Hoewever, after a close inspection of the new photographs it was
clear that they only show some internal reflections of the telescope.

This has nothing to do with the TLPs observerd visually and with video
cameras during the 1999 Leonids and Geminids.

Cheers,
Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *