[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2 Questions (Fireballs)

I have two questions about a fireball observation I made during the 99
Leonids.

1.   At what magnitude will a fireball cast noticeable shadows on a dark
night ?
      (It was so bright it made me squint and I noticed the shadows cast
around me)

2.   Why would the "train" last for almost 50 minutes, (most trains I
read about are only 2 or 3 minutes at best)..... could the particles in
the train supply a condensation point source for atmospheric water
vapour to condense yielding a cloud.   (I was in a clearing between two
storm systems, so the humidity in the upper atmosphere could have been
fairly high)   Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Dustin Brown