[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) image

Hi ykChia ,

I don't think they could be anti-collision lights on an aircraft as both
exposures were taken with the camera pointing closer to zenith than the
horizon ,and for that short a trail the aircraft would have to be much
closer to the horizon,and heading towards me.

The photos were taken around 3 hours apart ,one of Ursa Major and the other
was of Bootes, to me it looks unlikely that the objects are following the
same trajectory.

The reason I use 40s exposures is mainly because I don't like the stars to
trail much,although they still do a little and also fogging isn't as bad
for me as it might be using longer exposure times.

Sorry..I haven't got any scans yet...I might get an opportunity to see a
friend who has a scanner soon,and if so I will get the photos scanned....I
would also like to have them enlarged first as they are only "holiday snap"
size at the moment.

Clear skys,
                           Leo