[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: urgent astronomy question

Is there anyone (there must be!) out there who can answer the following
question:

In my teaching materials, the letter "e" appears several times in
quantitative values concerning the planets of our solar system.  I had
assumed that it represented a constant value for Earth, multiplied by
whatever numeric value.  For example, I have information on the masses of
two planets: #1 = .98e+23;  #2 = 1.08e+23

What does this mean?  I'm at a loss.

Thank-you,
M. Wittmeier