[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Iowa fireball/Report Form

E. L. Jones wrote:
> Could
> anyone assist us in determining what elevation and what azimuth the moon was vic
> Des Moines aobut 8:15 CST? (If you can-- I need some help determinging these
> things myself--I'd like to learn how or where to look it up!)
>
> If you wish to contact me, please do so directly, as I am on the digest mode and
> it takes me a whole day to see it.
> Regards,
> Elton

Altitude 22.5°
Azimuth  94.1°

Any of the planetarium programs, such as SkyMap can give this
information. If you enter your location and date/time, it displays the
R.A./Dec. and Alt/Az (and other information as well) of any object
visible above the horizon.

Mike.