[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Viewing from the Equator

If you are interested in seeing zodiacal lights you might also want to look for
the Gegenschein around midnight it will be centered just below Leo.  Also
according to Robert Lunsford in his monthly report filed on meteorobs on Tue.
22, February, on the morning of February 26/27 the Delta Leonids will peak at
11h 16m +16o in the same region at roughly the same time, i.e. the best viewing
will be around midnight.  "The Virginid activity continues from radiant (on the
26th/27th) located at 11h 48m +4o....." All three of these things are roughly in
the same area.  Since these are minor showers with a ZHR of 8 and 5 respectively
so don't expect any spectacular show unless you are extremely lucky.    I hope
you have very good skies, Robert Gardner