[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Viewing from the Equator

> the same area.  Since these are minor showers with a ZHR of 8 and 5
respectively
I believe that Delta Leonid ZHR at maximum is only 2 to 3 and Virginid  5.
I would expect Delta Leonids to appear as occassional meteors among
sporadics,
while Virginids perhaps a bit more distinct with up to 3 meteors per hour.
Gamma Normids peak on March 13 with a ZHR of 8 meteors per hour, but IMO
calendar
says that ZHRs above 3 are present only a day or two on both sides of
maximum.

Clear skies!

Jure A.