[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) (Radio) Meteor Observation Project

At 08:25 AM 2000-02-26 -0800, you wrote:
>Subject: Re: (meteorobs) (Radio) Meteor Observation Project
>    I'm also having a problem running MOPS on an AMD450 PII running Win98
>rev.  The MOPS screen flashes up for a fraction of a second, then
>disappears.

That quick flashing is the DOS error screen I saw when I incorrectly
created a shortcut by dragging the MOP.EXE icon from Explorer directly to
my desktop. But MOP also may not be able to run on really fast machines.
However, before giving up, try going to Explorer, display the directory
where MOP.EXE is located, then double click on MOP.EXE. If it then runs,
you can create a shortcut by right-clicking on MOP.EXE, then dragging that
shortcut to your desktop.

Sure would be nice if the authors would do a Winders version real soon
now.. MOP undoubtedly will not run on either Winders 2000 nor the upcoming
Millenium (W98 follow-on planned for release sometime this year) nor the
upcoming Neptune since all of those abandon DOS entirely, thus creating
thousands of perfectly-useful orphan DOS programs.

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA