[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteors plotted 04/05 Mar 2000, GRALE

Here's a quick report from memory:

I was able to observe March 5 (7.3-13.5h, LM +7.35) and March 6
(8.0-11.5h, LM +7.45) from the Saddle between Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea,
totalling over 7 hours Teff and 102 meteors.  The latter session was
curtailed by fog/cloud rapidly rolling up the mountain.  It was a
remarkable contrast from dry and no wind one minute, to a breeze and
fog, the next.  I've yet had time to examine the plots, but my
impression was of a few kappa-Leonids on March 5, perhaps none on March
6.

I did spot a few potential Virginids too.  There was a hint of a radiant
of very fast meteors to the southwest of Praasepe, my first field.
However, as I was concentrating on the one shower, I didn't try to
triangulate.

Malcolm