[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Point meteor!

Any meteor seen to move toward the zenith, with a trail which stops before the
zenith, is a candidate to hit you on the head*. This is true for small meteors
which end in free fall under gravity, but also not incorrect for larger ones,
which maintain some original velocity.

*Not a very big chance, though.

Re zenith point meteors, I think that the effects of earths rotation is
virtually cancelled out by the fact that the atmosphere moves with the earth;
therefore, apart from meteors' velocity towards you, system of you, earth,
atmosphere, and meteor, are fixed. Upper atmosphere winds notwithstanding.