[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Observations Mar 11/12 + Flashes + bugs

Robert Lunsford wrote:

> Mike,
>
> It would be interesting to know if these flashes remained stationary or
> if they moved. If they were stationary then I would agree with Rob that
> they were geosynchronous satellites.
>
> I have seen many flashes and in 99% of the cases there is a repeat flash
> just a degree or two away 10 to 15 seconds later. This is quite normal
> for many satellites.
>
> Thanks for mentioning this interesting subject.
>
> Clear Skies!
>
> Bob Lunsford

Bob, It is hard to say if there was any motion at all. If there was, it
would be quite small, because even though I wasnt staring at the same
spot all the time, after the first few flashes, I did pay very close
attention to see if it was moving, and it did not appear to have any
subsequent motion. However the later flashes, may have been a degree or
so away from the initial one, I am not so sure. Overall, maybe 30-45
seconds elapsed, and any motion would be <1° at max.

Mike.