[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Littlerock AK meteor? plane crash? UFO?

<< << Has anyone heard or seen the report from Littlerock AK area about a
firey
  crash on thursday nite/ friday morn between 10PM and 12 AM ? it set fire to
  a 2 mile strip of land and EMA (local FEMA) and police / fire etc all
  responded. Local news crews were present as well. there appears to be a
news
  blackout  on this. Several witnesses stated there was a fireball at the
time
  and a tremendous explosion. Included in the witnesses statements was a
  flourescent trail left by the object. ? Anyone have a clue as to this
  report?? Thanks. >>

I would bet my last dollar that there is no meteorite here. Meteorites leave
craters but no fires, especially a 2 mile strip.
The Arkansas Emergency Management filed the following report:

INCIDENT # 0312 MISCELLANEOUS EXPLOSION.....ADVISED VIA NAWAS AT 11:22PM BY
PULASKI CO SO THAT THERE WAS A POSSIBLE PLANE CRASH NEAR THE COMMUNITY OF
SCOTT IN SOUTHERN PULASKI CO. IT WAS REPORTED THAT SOMEONE HEARD A LARGE
EXPLOSION. INFORMED SDO AND CALLED L COORD. AT 11:39 I RECEIVED A CALL FROM L
COORD WHO SAID THAT FD ON THE SCENE ADVISED IT WAS A FIRE ONLY, NOT A DOWNED
AIRCRAFT. AT 11:43PM VIA NAWAS LITTLE ROCK CENTRAL ADVISED THAT ASP AIR-ONE
WAS ON IT'S WAY TO CHECK THE SCENE FOR THE CAUSE OF THE EXPLOSION. LONOKE,
SCOTT AND ENGLAND FIRE DEPTS ARE ON THE SCENE AS WELL AS LONOKE PD AT ALLISON
LOOP ROAD OFF OF ALLISON ROAD OFF HIGHWAY 161 S OF SCOTT. AT 11:51 ADVISED
VIA NAWAS THAT THERE IS A 2-MILE STRETCH OF FIRE AT THE SCENE AND THE CAUSE
IS STILL UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME.

BTW they had the cap lock problem, not me  :)

KK