[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs)Flashes

In a message dated 3/14/00 11:56:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
schmutz@infowest.com writes:

<< I have a picture of and Iridium Flare flash from 3/10/00 on my web page if
 anyone is interested. It is at http://www.infowest.com/personal/s/schmutz/
  Look under Solar System & Misc. Pic's. This one was supposed to be -1 but
 appeared much brighter ( -5 ). Here is a link to predicting them also.
 http://www.heavens-above.com/ . The flares a long drawn out events and not
 much of a flash, more of a gradual brightening over 5-8 seconds and 15-25
 deg. >>

Hey nice pics Doug, but as you said the Iridiums take a number of seconds to
brighten and then dim. Tumbling satellites flash for a second then off for a
second or more and then another flash.
BTW there is news that there's no hope to save the Iridium business and the
satellites will soon be deorbited to burn up on reentry. So get your Iridium
pics while you can.

KK