[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: March 9th, 2000, Arkansas fireball

In a message dated 3/15/00 8:27:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bolidechaser@yahoo.com writes:

<< > For whatever it's worth, this page has photos of the
 > "impact site" of
 > the March 9th fireball:
 >  >>

I looked the site over and I see a big nothing.
All the photos show is the remnants of a brush fire (as a pro I've seen
hundreds). 200ft. from my observing site here in SI there just was a brush
fire - anybody want photos?  :)    The "crater" he shot could be simply the
holes caused by the boots of all the firefighters that was in the area
putting the fire out. The tracks could be the apparatus of the arriving
units. Even his timetable makes no sense, (quoting here):
8:00PM - someone sees a fireball
9:00 - 10:00PM - someone reports his house shook
11:30PM - a fire is reported

PLUS, the big point is that a meteorite landing will not start a fire. The
Peekskill meteorite went thru a car - why didn't the car ignite?  A student
watch and filmed a meteorite land in Japan (I have the video) that one never
started a fire either. There have been NO reported fires by a meteorite that
I can find - EVER. Didn't happen in Arkansas either.

Kevin K

"I'm all for individuality...just as long as everyone does it."