[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Monitoring high sporadic rates -- call for observers

Hi!

   It bothered me too, as I was seeing up to 15/h in the morning hours on
March 11/12, March 4/5 and March 5/6. Even the evening rates can reach
10/hr.
It is interesting that I always get a very strong hour between 23:00 and
00:00
local. Don't know why, but it goes up to 15/h. So far I haven't observed
the
'typical' March rates of 3 - 5/h.
  Most of the meteors I see are faint, between +3 and +6 magnitude, I
rarely
get a negative magnitude meteor, perhaps one or two in 5 to 8 hours!! Can
anyone confirm this?
  I won't be able to go out on any of these mornings as I am unfortunately
sick...	...but the forecast is bad anyway, cloudy with localised snow
showers.
So much for meteors...

Clear skies!

Jure A.