[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Call for assistance in Plot Analysis Project

     Now that the moon has all but eliminated chances for early morning observations,  it will be a week or more before useful observations of any kind could be done.  Still curious about the high sporadic rates of the past few weeks, I have decided to
attempt a large-scale analysis of recent plots to look for any possible trends.  This project is being undertaken with a wink and a nod from certain AMS higher-ups.  Any useful results from my efforts will be posted here and published in Meteor Trails.
     Should the project prove effective and useful, I will continue it for the next several months.  Much will depend on the amount of useful data I receive.
     With that said, I would like to make an initial general call, worldwide, for copies of meteor plots plotted anytime in Febuary or March 2000.  The more plots I can recieve, the more fruitful this project will become.  I would like to encourage European and Japanese observers  to help ou (if these plots contain Arabic numerals for Date and data, that is). For the time being, I would like to focus on Northern Hemisphere observations only.   To help reduce costs on the observer's end, I can receive plots electronically via two methods:

1.  Plots (and associated reports) can be scanned and sent as an E-mail attachment to the following address:  ksyo@pinelanddot net
     Please be sure to state in your E-mail what the attachment is.

2.  Plots and their associated reports may be faxed to me at the following number (912) 237-6568.

3.  Plots and their associated reports may be snail-mailed to the following address:
     Kim S. Youmans
     556 Maurice Drive
     Swainsboro, GA  30401
     USA

Please note, also, that plotters should not send me their plots in lieu of their normal destinations, i.e. the IMO, AMS, and NAMN, but in addition to these.
I would like to thank all contributors in advance.

Sincerely,
Kim S. Youmans