[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: March 9th, 2000, Arkansas fireball

I was just speaking meteorites in general and not of any specific ones.
While average meteorites, hitting ground, aren't considered being hot
and starting fires on the ground, I was pondering that surely there is
a small chance of some of them being able to cause sparks and possibly
fires with the energy of the impact.  Peekskill meteorite hitting an
oil refinery should have had a good chance of such outcome.

markku