[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Iridium satellites re-entry

> Can one use the simple VLF receivers (I believe they were down around 150Hz)
> originally designed for "Project Inspire"?

Yes, sure!!
If you will try to use them for the satellites' re-entry, make recordings of
the VLF signals during, (at least), one hour before and after the re-entry.
These two hours can give a statistical sample of the natural VLF noise during
the time of re-entry.

The INSPIRE project's homepage:
http://image.gsfc.nasadot gov/poetry/inspire/index.html
(they have instructions how to build these receivers)

> can any one give me a good site or info about it. since i am interested
> in knowing more about it.

The information about re-entry of these and all other satellites can be
found here:
http://www.wingardot demon.codot uk/satevo/index.htm

Unfortunately, if they manage to control the re-entry, it will happen over
an unpopulated area. In this case, there is a small possibility to see this
re-entry.

Clear skies!

dejan vinkovic
dejan@padot ukydot edu