[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: What? A Leonid storm in *1886*?!?

    Also near this time, 27 Nov 1885 the earth crossed the orbit of Biela's
Comet and showers of meteors came from a point in Andromeda.  According to
an old book I have a strong display was seen in 1872, 1885 and 1892.  How
strong, the book doesn't say!  A large shower was expected in 1905.  Does
anyone have any information of this shower?  So far I haven't been able to
find a reference to the 1886 Leonid event.

Ed Majden