[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) April 3/4 meteor showers

On April 4/5 I will be camping overnight in the Anza Borrego State
Park.  The only showers included in that date are the Virginids and the
Delta Pavonids according to the ALPO Meteor Shower List.  The radiants
are only a degree apart and their velocities only differ by one km/sec.
How in the world does one differentiate between these two.  Are their
colors different?
    The evening will not be a waste, though I know we will not see many
meteors, because I will be trying to acquaint myself with the LM
constellation geometry and introducing a companion to meteor observing.
My fingers are X for clear skies.
Robert