[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: April 3/4 meteor showers

Robert,

The data given for the Delta Pavonids is a misprint. The actual position
of this shower on Saturday morning April 1 will be 20:51 -64. The
geocentric velocity is 60 km/sec. This shower is too far south to be
seen from the latitudes of southern California so you can concentrate on
the anthelion Virginids.

The ALPO list and the AMS list for that matter will soon be revised
hopefully eliminating any misprints.

Good luck on your campout!

Bob Lunsford