[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor documentary

Dear meteor enthusiasts and professionals -

I hope it is appropriate for me to post my inquiry on this list:

We are producing a Discovery Channel documentary special on meteors which is
scheduled to air at the end of 2001.  We are in the early research phases and
are exploring the following theories as a possible focus for our program:
that asteroids & comet impacts may have originally brought life to earth,
that major extraterrestrial impacts may be cyclical rather than random
(Nemesis theory), and that our moon may have resulted from the impact of a
mars-sized planet with earth.  We are scheduled to begin filming in the next
couple of months and continue over a period of about six months.  I am eager
to find researchers who are embarking on fieldwork expeditions or projects to
prove or disprove these ideas, to investigate mysterious geology, or at least
to uncover a piece of the puzzle ( any expeditions to impact craters, to
interesting layers in stratigraphy, to observe meteor showers, meteorite
fields, etc?) - or researchers who are eloquent and outspoken about these
theories.  Also, I welcome any suggestions for other recent and intriguing
discoveries related to asteroids, comets (meteors).  Please contact me via
email at inewpony@aol.com if you are involved or may be able to point me in
some interesting directions!  I would appreciate any suggestions you can
offer.

Many thanks for your attention to my query.

Kindest regards,

Iana Porter
Associate Producer
New Pony Productions