[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: All-sky and Intensifier Systems

> Just before the 1999 Leonid outburst I did some tests with an all-sky
> intensified video camera on the Canary Island of La Palma. I used a
> 3-stage Gen.I intensifier with a Nikkor 8/2.8 fish eye lens and put a
> camcorder on the back of the intensifier to image the phosphor screen.
> I remember the system was able to image the main stars of Delphinus and
> guess the limiting magnitude was around 4.5.

... which is really an amazing number! With our cameras we often get only
5 point something at a much smaller field of view (30..40 deg).

Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *