[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) So Cal Twilite Fireball 4/12 7:43pm (local)

Hello all,
Spotted a bright fireball while driving home tonight.
7:43 pm Local time (not calibrated)
Mag -5\
No terminal burst or flare
No fragmentation
Generally east of my location in So. Cal.
My location-  33.628 N  -117.832 W  Orange Co. California
dropped nearly vertically with a slight southerly drift.
yellow white in color.
Speed  2-3 (1-5 scale)
lasted 2-2.5 seconds
First spotted at about 40 deg ele, and dropped nearly to the horizon before
dissappearing.
Sorry for the poor report as far as direction, It was evening twilite, still
quite bright outside. The sun had just set, and there were no stars visible
for a fix.
I was also on a winding highway, away from town.
Don Barnett