From: "vivek soley" <homereal@bom4.vsnldot net.in>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:26:31 +0530
Subject: [ASTRO] metero shower over local sky !

Hi members,

The local newspapers have reported a bright meteor like object passing over
the sky at about 16:55 hrs UTC. This tailed object like a comet was followed
by hundreds of other small comets. It was seen by several people in cities
about 200 kms from my city, Indore. The  science centre said that unlike
other shooting star events which last for a few seconds, this lasted for
about two minutes. There are no reports of any hit on the surface.

I will bring you further details as soon as I get them. Mean time any guess?

Regards,

Vivek Soley
3, Lalaram Nagar
Indore 452001