[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Where have all the reports gone?

Hi!

This has bothered me for some time. It appears that the number of active
observers present on meteorobs has declined during the last two years.
Or at least the number of reports being sent to the list. Of course,
there are several active observers posting to the list and making it
much more interesting - Kim Youmans, Mike Linnolt, Robert Lunsford,
Javor Kac (I apologize to any observer who I didn't list, but is
active...). But what has happened to all the experienced observers???
Lew used to post a lot of observations, telescopic, visual... Norman has
also become less active. George Gliba? Pierre Martin? Kim Hay? Marco
Langbroek? And all the other observers who used to post their
observations to meteorobs? Where are you? Trevor Pendelton also used to
post his observations for a relatively short time, Trevor, where are
you?
I hope this post wake up some of the experienced observers, since their
observations make a big contribution to the list. I'm sure that with
more reports more of 'lurkers' out there will become interested in
observing meteors.
And another thing. To all the beginners - don't be afraid to post your
observations to the list. Even if you make mistakes, I'm sure you'll
gather experience really quickly and in no time you will post superb
reports!

In hopes of more reports... ...clear skies to all of you!!

Jure A.