[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) apology for lack of contributions

Mrs. Webb,

As a former LA area resident, I do know where you are coming from.
Backyard astronomy may be a lost cause. I certainly wish you the best in
your fight vs. Disneyland & Hilton, Inc. Long ago, I decided its
sometimes better to "flight" rather than "fight" (at least for the sake
of continuing my immediate contributions to science). So, I may suggest
you head for the hills - literally the Cleveland National Forest. I
found several decent dark spots there, east on Chapman past Santiago
Reservoir. Of course that was 10 years ago, and those sites may no
longer be dark or accessible, but thats the general direction I would
go. I also found several excellent dark sites, off of the Ortega Hwy
(74). I believe one of them was called "San Juan campground", up near
the Ortega "Candy Store" (still there?). Give these a try for the Eta's
!

Best Regards,
Mike.