[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) apology for lack of contributions

Hi Mrs. Webb,

I have had the same problem in Mission Viejo that you have in Anaheim. y sky
is a bit more of a teaser sky though because its bestis a bit brighter than
5.0. I have struggled with finding a good nearby spot that is safe from both
two and four legged creatures and recently found something. It seems taht one
of the park rangers in Caspers Wilderness park (on the Ortega Highway) is an
amateur astronomer and may be getting into meteor observing. I'm trying to
work a deal with him to get past the gates before midnight and before dawn
whenever I want to. I'll know for sure in the next week or so. The sky there
had LMs of 5.6 and 5.9 the two times I scoped it out.
I'll keep you informed.

Tom