[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) May 4/5 observing attempt - futile

Hi!

  May 3/4 night was crystal clear an it really bothered me that
I couldn't observe, but I had some exams the next day so I
figured it would be better to get some sleep. The forecast for
the next days was good. *Was* good...
...yesterday afternoon a cumulus cloud layer covered the sky
but I hoped the clouds would disappear by the time it gets
dark. Well, turns out I'm not a really god weather man...
...at 10 pm a thunderstorm passed... ...by 2 pm it had partially
cleared, I could see stars down to 3. magnitude. I waited till
3 pm, but the sky didn't improve and I went to sleep.
  It's becoming fairly easy do do all-nighters here, the length
of the night has shortened considerably. Right now I can
get about 5.5 hrs teff, by around June 21, this number will
have decreased to 3.2 hours max...

Clear skies!

Jure A.