[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) sparksters first report

*( this e-mail was made in Word, if my e-mail screws
up the positioning sorry)
This is my first report so if there is anything that
needs to be added which I am sure there is please let
me know!

Last night seemed the best night to watch ETAs as the
last few days had been slightly hazy and therefore
provided poor LMs. I set my alarm at 3:50 local time
hoping to see a few ETAs Unfortunately they were not
as active that night as I thought they would be even
for the N.hemisphere much to my dissapointment.
The  meteors were dead for the fist half hour, and my
first ETA ever came at about 04:23 local time although
nothing very spectacular. The ETAs seemed to be
clumped together in groups of 3s in two different
spans of 10mins. The highlight came when a –1 ETA sped
about 20 degrees across the sky leaving a 0.5 second
wake. All in all a not bad observtaion for my first
ETAs, hopefully some more will be done today.

March 5/6 2000          Begin: 02:55 UT           End:
04:42 UT         Teff= 1.70
Alex M’clintock       Mallorca    Spain   Europe
39.32N    2.35E   Facing: South East      Method: Tape
Dead time:0   Breaks:0

Period            F     LM    ETA  SAG  SPO
02:55 UT-04:42UT  1.09  5.79   6    1    2

Magnitude distribution position
(-1) 1   (0) 0   (+1) 1   (+2) 2   (+3) 3   (+4) 2

Alex M’clintock