[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) eta Lyrids

Hello,

I don't have an article, but I have an "Abstructs 0f #126 IAU colloquium".
So I introduce this abstract.

----------
(Poster presentations)
The Association of Comet IRAS-Araki-Alcock(1983 VII) with the eta Lyrid
Meteor Stream.

Ohtsuka, K.

Abstract:
Five meteors, of which orbital data are extremery similar to those of
Comet IRAS-Araki-Alcock(1983 VII), are found out among published
catalogues of photographic meteor orbit.  All of these meteors belong to
a minor meteor stream desinated as eta Lyrids which is active around May
10.  It is revealed that an association of Comet IRAS-Araki-Alcock with
the ete Lyrids is very much probable.
----------

C. Shimoda caught about 80 echos per hour by FM radio observation on May
9.9UT, 1983 in Japan.  There was the same level of maximum of eta
Aquarids.

Clear skies, Takema.

On Sun, 07 May 2000 11:49:49 +0000
JG <jgts@jgws.totalserve.codot uk> wrote:

> A reference seach for 'eta Lyrids' via the NASA ADS at adsabs.harvarddot edu
> revealed the following [quoted cut & paste] to be the _only_ available
> reference re this stream :-
>
> Title:    eta Lyrid Meteor Stream Associated with Comet Iras-Araki 1983 VII
> Authors:  Ohtsuka, K.
> Journal:  Origin and Evolution of Interplanetary Dust, Proceedings of IAU
>           Colloq. 126, held in Kyoto, Japan, 27-30 August, 1990. Edited by
>           A. C. Levasseur-Regourd and H. Hasegawa. Kluwer Academic
>           Publishers. Also Astrophysics and Space Science Library v. 173,
>           1991., p.315

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto, Takema
Minor Meteor Shower Circular(MMSC)