[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) My High rates.

Mike,
I fully agree that LM is not an adequate measure of sensitivity and for that
reason, an observer perception factor is an important in determining
rates, as Marco has pointed out to me.  I think motion sensitivity is
the correct factor as you suggest as it is under a quite different
neurological/psychological system than static perception.  I too have taken
the visual field "flash" tests, but some additional detection of motion
test is required.  I suspect such is not available at an opthalmologists,
but perhaps someone knows of some such test used in psychology labs for
motion perception studies?

Every several years I'll have the flash test to determine my changing
vision in some sort of quantitative manner.

Cheers, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au