[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) An eta Lyrid

Hi!

  With all the talk about Eta Lyrids I checked my plots
from the night May 6/7 to see whether there were any members
of the shower. I found three meteors that hit the radiant,
but two of them were +5 very short ones fairly far away from
the radiant with a slow angular speed, so they were ruled out.
One meteor, however, fits perfectly - the speed is right and
it hits the radiant. It's a +4 magnitude meteor.

Man, you really don't know what you can write about
a single meteors until you've tried :)

Looks like it'll stay clear tonight. I managed to convince my
Mom to let me observe the whole night! Yeah, I'm good! ,)

Clear skies!

Jure A.