[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor photographs for a book

Pierre,

Before devoting more time to visual and telescopic observing, I used to
photograph meteors with a guided 35mm camera and 50mm lens. I have quite
a collection of faint streaks, but the 2 best photos I ever got are on
my meteor webpage -

http://www.qsldot net/ah6l/tpage.html

If you like them, you may use them in your book.

Mike Linnolt.

> To: owner-meteorobs@jovian.com
> From: chastenay@astro.umontrealdot ca (Pierre Chastenay)
> Subject: Meteor photographs in a book
>
> Dr Gramer,
>
> My name is Pierre Chastenay. I am an astronomer with the Montreal
> Planetarium, in Montreal, Canada. I am writing an astronomy book in French
> for kids 8-12 years old, to be published in Quebec in November. I am
> looking for two or three nice color pictures of meteors and fireballs that
> I could use in my book. Is it possible for me to have access to a picture
> archive from wich I could choose? Of course, I can pay reproduction fees if
> necessary, and credits will accompany all the pictures in the book.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Pierre Chastenay

Follow-Ups: References: