[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor photographs for a book

At 19:12 5/12/00 +0100, you wrote:
>At 18:29 5/10/00 -1000, you wrote:
>
>>http://www.qsldot net/ah6l/tpage.html
>>
>>If you like them, you may use them in your book.
>

>Hi, Mike;
>
>I've been ...

OOOPS... sorry, folks!! I forgot about the "reply" feature of MeteorObs...

But seriously, I *have* been looking for a suitable night sky image with a
meteor or two. Many hams who bounce radio signals off meteor trails have
some sort of that kind of scene; but so far, every one of those I've seen
have been handmade using some graphics program, complete with meteors
streaking through. Mike's Perseids shot is very nice and just about perfect
for this purpose; only thing is the two meteors are a bit dim and not
easily noticed right away. I fiddled with MS's Paint and managed to copy
each streak then paste it back in several extra places and it looks
promising, if somewhat unrealistic to observer-purists.

Clear skies,

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA