[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: eta Lyrids

Dear friends,

in the last few days there have been discussions on possible activity
caused by debris from comet IRAS-Araki-Alcock (eta-Lyrids). In the
nights of May 4/5 and 5/6 my video camera AVIS was operated at the
Al-Azraq meteor camp in Jordan. Even though we had some interference by a
sand storm and a few clouds earlier these nights, we were able to observe
the eta-Aquarids visually in the mornings hour, and also to obtain about 6
hours of video recordings. Thanks to the good limiting magnitude a little
more than 100 meteors were recorded at that time, less than half of which
belonging to ETA shower. From the remaining ~50 meteors not even one came
from the suspected Lyra radiation area.

Due to some technical problems, my camera failed after half an hour of
operation on May 9/10. However, there are more recordings from the nights
of May 10/11, and 12/13 until now. I'll check whether I find eta Lyrid
candidats on these recordings.

Best regards,
Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *