[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 2000 HD74

John, thanks for posting the info regarding this potential shower parent body.

As a general rule, I wonder if it makes sense though, to predict a priori what
bodies may produce observable streams? The brouhaha about the "LINEARids" was
such a case - where, I felt, it might have been better to condust a posteriori
searches through the database of unbiased observations for that period, rather
than prejudicing observers to detect something beforehand.

I don't know for sure this approach would have been best - I merely suggest it
with the hope of stirring some informed conversation on this topic... What do
other members of this list think on this subject?

Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: