[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) video stations...

Sorry,

Sirko Molau is right, I should have said double, and not, multi-station,
video obs.

Although there is no _continuous_ double station survey, I've noted some
things whilst using the orbit datasets from both DMS & MSSWG [freely
available via links and/or downloads at www.imodot net]. The DMS one does seem
to be concentrated very much around showers, however the MSSWG one has a
far greater range of dates, and although this may merely be reflecting
different shower emphases, it does include stuff for months considered
traditionally a bit "thin" meteor wise.

It is nice to know that the video system used is hopefully irrelevant with
regards the analysis software.

Even though the US are to some extent a more affluent society than most,
the main stumbling block may well be the sheer size: ie the parties most
interested/capable of getting together and doing a double station setup may
live just too far apart to be able to collaborate on any such exercise
[it'd probably have to be intrastate at least, and maybes intra-county,
even for the smaller states].

Cheers

John

John Greaves