Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 17:11:12 +1000 (EST)
From: Terry Bridges <tjb@aaoepp.aaodot gov.AU>
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: Meteor on 31 July 1999

Hi all:  I hope this message is appropriate for this forum; if not,
apologies in advance.  I'm an astronomer at the Anglo-Australian
Observatory in Sydney, Australia (I work in extragalactic astronomy, so
not too up on meteor/meteorite research and observations).  Last week I
received a phone call from a woman who was in Eastern Serbia in July 1999,
and saw what she thinks was a very bright fireball on the evening of July
31/99.  She is very keen to learn more about this event (it seems to have
had a big impact on her life), and I wondered if anybody knew of other
sightings in the same part of the world (I'm sorry I can't be more precise
about the location).  I've had a look through the email archives and other
sites, and wonder if it could be related to the Dutch/Belgian
meteor/meteorite on the same day?

Thanks very much to anyone who can help; it would also be appreciated
if you could copy any replies directly to me at:
tjb@aaoepp.aaodot gov.au

Terry Bridges
AAO Sydney
------- End of Forwarded Message